Proventil Inhaler Composition
The composition of one metered aerosol for inhalation include salbutamol sulphate 124 mg, corresponding to 100 mg of pure material. Ethanol and hydrofluoroalkane are used as additive agents.
- each tablet may contain 2 or 4 mg of active substance in tablets – 4 mg (children) and 8 mg (adults);
- one dose of powder for inhalation contains 200 or 400 micrograms of albuterol;
- syrup for oral administration – 0.4 mg / ml;
- solution for inhalation application – 1.25 mg / ml;
- injection solution – 0.1 mg / ml.
Salbutamol has the following formulations:
- metered aerosol for inhalation of 100 mg per dose (manufactured in aluminum cans at a pressure of 200 doses each inhaler, when sprayed onto a glass surface its contents leave white spot);
- metered powder for inhalation of 200 or 400 mcg / dose;
- film coated tablet of 2 and 4 mg.